This week, I forgot to specify what kind of meal I was going to cook since my menu only said a rice dish, this is due to my son being a picky eater and loving one thing today and hating it the next day, very normal by the way. So the only meat I had was chicken and decided to make chicken tikka masala. This was sort of me trying out Lorraine Pascale’s recipe minus the spring onions because I had none so I went ahead and just used white onions instead and still had a great result.To make this meal the way I did, you will need,
- 400 grams diced chicken
- A large white onion
- 300ml single cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Garam masala
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- A thumb of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- A bunch of coriander
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- In a pan, pour in your Olive oil and put on medium heat.
- Chop up your onions then mince the garlic and ginger.
- Put your diced chicken in the oil in one layer and make sure to keep turning them as they start to brown.
- While the chicken is doing its thing, prep your spices and put them aside.
- Once the chicken is evenly browned, put in the onions, salt, garlic and ginger and stir.
- Then take your spices and tomato paste and also put them in and continue stirring, now it’s time for the single cream and stir again.
- Put a lid on and let it simmer for a while, but make sure to be checking on it.
- Then chop up the coriander, once your chicken is cooked all through and the cream has thickened, switch it off and put in the coriander.
- Stir it once more and it’s done. Serve and enjoy.Hope you do get to love it as much as i do and it can also be eaten with naan bread or some chapati.For the recipe, you can go here