I hope you all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed every bit of it, if you were on holiday or still are do enjoy yourself and stay safe. You all know that I always make pizza every weekend, I think it’s just a thing that stuck on my menu and even when I change it, the weekend remains the same pizza, then a Sunday roast. I decided to revisit my marinara sauce which I usually make when I have more time and with all the rain here, it just happened to be the day. I usually pick up a store bought one when I know I’ll be busy then revamp it’s taste a tad bit. So today I want to share with you my homemade marinara sauce recipe which you can use to make my twist on a Hawaiian pizza right here.
You will need:
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste/puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- In a sauce pan on moderate, pour a tablespoon of olive oil then put in the onions and sweat them for around two minutes.
- Put the garlic next and stir but make sure not to burn your garlic, take your chopped tomato put it in stir and let it cook it for around three minutes.
- After that, comes the tomato paste and mix it all up together, reduce the heat at this point.
- Take you canned tomatoes and pour them in and stir once more, then put in a pinch of salt and your sugar to cut down the tomato acidity.
- It will start to bubble so make sure you have reduced the heat accordingly then take a potato masher and squeeze the chunky tomatoes to form a paste altogether.
- After that take your herbs and black pepper, put them in and stir once more and let it cook for another five minutes and you are done.
- Let it cool and slather it on your pizza or mix it in some pasta, find my easy pizza dough here.
- Serve and enjoy