I hope you’re all doing great, the weather here has been really frustrating, sunny one day and rainy the next four which is annoying, but we just have to roll with it. This week I’ve been really into baking and trying out different kinds of desserts or bites to make and after my marinara sauce and biscuits, I decided to give a sandwich cake a try and see how it would turn out and I am happy to say it was a success and can’t wait to make it again. So why not share my recipe with you guys , it’s really simple and doesn’t take long at all. This is my chocolate sandwich cake recipe, I hope you like it.
You will need:
- 125 gms flour
- 90 gms castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 30 gms cocoa powder
- 30 gms butter
- 1/2 a teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 210°C
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, cream of tartar and bicarbonate of soda together into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy, then melt the butter and set aside.
- Stir the flour into the egg and sugar mixture and then add the melted butter and a teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix it altogether.
- Stir in a tablespoon of milk if it’s too thick, that’s why this is optional.
- Put the mixture in a greased sandwich tin and into the oven it goes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until a knife comes clean when pricked.
- Once it’s done take it out and let it cool.
- 125 gms icing sugar
- 60 gms softened butter
- Vanilla extract
Once the cake has cooled, cut it into half and slather the filling, If you like a thick filling, feel free to put all of it but I decided to put a thin layer because I just wanted to and I added cocoa powder to my filling to make a chocolate one but that’s optional. Then put the other half on top and you are done, all you have to do is slice yourself a piece and enjoy each bite.