Hey guys, I hope you had a fabulous weekend. My weekend was full of spring cleaning, cooking and lots of playing with my son which is practically what happens every other weekend. My son really loves pasta and anything you can throw into pasta he will be up for it. I decided to make mac and cheese because his milk allergy has started going away and I was excited that he can at least start eating some cheese and desserts which he missed out on when he was younger. If you missed my Gousto trial, do find it here. This is my delicious baked mac and cheese recipe and I hope you love it as much as we did.
- 250gms Macaroni pasta
- 175gms Pancetta
- 4 Spring onions
- 100gms Grated Cheddar cheese
- 50gms Stilton cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 2½ Tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of Milk
- 50gms breadcrumbs
- Mustard powder
- In a saucepan on medium heat, put your pancetta and let it cook for around five minutes. Meanwhile
- Boil your pasta water and cook it according to your package instructions and then drain.
- Then take your spring onions and chop them remembering to keep stirring the pancetta, by now it will have cooked enough. Take it out from the heat and put in the spring onions and mix them together.
- In another pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to form a roux.
- At this time change to a whisk and start adding the milk gradually while whisking and let the sauce cook for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Put in 2 dashes of nutmeg and paprika, salt to taste and then a teaspoon of mustard powder and whisk again.
- Remove from the heat and add in your grated cheddar cheese.
- Make sure the cheese has melted completely and add some black pepper.
- Place the drained pasta into the sauce and mix well, then take your pancetta and spring onion mix and stir it in the pasta.
- Transfer the mix into an ovenproof dish, take your breadcrumbs and sprinkle on top of the pasta.
- Then take your stilton cheese and crumble it on top of the breadcrumbs ensuring it covers it evenly.
- Place it in the oven at 200°Celsius until the cheese is brown and bubbling and start doing your happy dance if you may.
- Serve and enjoy.