I hope everyone is having a great start of the week, as for my post today it’s all about chicken. Who doesn’t love a good chicken roast? I know I do. When I used to make roasted chicken, it used to have a mind of it’s own and either overcook or just turn out wrong but after multiple tries, I finally found my way of making the tastiest chicken and the best part is, the oven does all the work for you. This is my tasty roasted chicken recipe.
- A whole chicken
- 2 lemons
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoons of softened butter
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of tandoori powder/curry powder
- First, prep your chicken by cutting off all the fatty bits which are usually in the cavity, to avoid your chicken being over greasy.
- Take your butter, crushed garlic, chopped rosemary and mix them together to make a paste like mixture then take your tandoori powder or curry powder and mix it with the butter.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees for it to be ready once you finish this next step.
- Take your two lemons, cut them into halves and put them in the chicken’s cavity with one sprig of rosemary and you can close it up using a cocktail stick or toothpick as I call it.
- Now here is where you need to get a little bit messy but it’s all worth it, take your chicken and put it in a roasting pan and using clean hands or a spoon, take the butter mixture and slather it all over the chicken.
- Make sure you coat it all over to ensure that the spices get to be in each bite and have great results. Sprinkle on some salt and black pepper to taste.
- Put it in the oven, pat yourself on the back and have a glass of wine.
- After an hour, your chicken should be golden brown and ready.
- Carve it, serve and enjoy. For my roasted potatoes recipe find here.