I am coming here today with another recipe, hoping you checked out my other ones and got to try them. This one is a really simple one and if you love pizza as much as I do then making it just got even easier. This is my easy pizza dough recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 sachet of dried yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup Lukewarm water
- In a cup, pour in the lukewarm water then put your yeast and sugar, stir it and put it aside.
- Meanwhile in a clean bowl, put in the flour,salt and the olive oil and mix it together.
- After five minutes, take your yeast mixture and start pouring it in the flour mixture and start mixing, you could do this in a mixer but I like doing my pizza by hand.
- At this point, it will look like it’s a total mess but don’t worry it will come together.
- Pour it out on a clean surface and with clean hands, start kneading it to incorporate all the remaining flour.
- I do this for a few minutes, until it starts having a nice elasticity and gets softer as you knead.
- Once you are done with that, put it back in the same bowl you mixed it in and take some olive oil and put two more tablespoons of olive oil and rub it on your dough.
- Take some cling film and wrap the bowl loosely for it to have some space to let it rise, you may use a cloth but I prefer the cling film because of the oil.
- Put it in a warm oven, which I warm slightly and feel with my hands, place your bowl in and leave it to do it’s job.
- Once it’s risen, all you have to do is start prepping your toppings and sauces and enjoy.
Note: Make sure when measuring, you use the same cup that you used for flour for the water in order not to make the recipe backfire on you, also it depends on what size of pizza you want or how many, you can add more to make this recipe just as you want but just make sure to adjust accordingly.
There you go, an easy pizza dough recipe for you to make when you have some pizza cravings, to check out some more recipes which includes making of dough, check here and here. In case you missed my last post about my trip to Kenya, you can find it here. If you have any questions about any of my recipes, feel free to ask in the comments below.