Hi guys, hope your week is going on just fine. This week I decided to revisit a recipe I used to make but then kind of neglected it for a while. As I had said before in my other post here, my son is allergic to milk and we thought it would have disappeared once he turned 2 then 3 and now he is almost 4 but clearly it’s just chilling on the side lines saying “Am still here” and will not disappear anytime soon. I found this recipe that my son loves from the cook yourself thin book and just in case I forgot to mention, it’s not only dairy free but fat free too. So if you need a low calorie treat, then this recipe is for you. This is my dairy free zucchini vanilla cupcake recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups grated peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees/176 degrees.
- Line your pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and almonds then set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar,vanilla and salt with a handheld mixer or any mixer you have until thick and light coloured.
- Beat in the zucchini until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix them all together and ensure that there are no lumps.
- Divide them equally into the cupcake pans using a spoon or an ice cream scoop.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes and turn the pans midway while baking. When a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean, transfer them to a wire rack and cool completely.