Make your guests feel welcomed
Having a well organised home all year round is what I always wish for but doesn’t necessarily happen, things come up, taking care of my son, running errands and I go off track then try to pull myself back in and reorganise myself, but there are those times when guests might just stay over and so the only way to make it easier is by making your home to be more welcoming.
A bit of planning may be needed but there are those last minute things that you can rally up and be all set without too much stress. Here’s how to make your home more welcoming.
- Have fresh seasonal flowers around the home in different locations to make your home feel somewhat lived in and a little bit more cosy.
- Make your guest bedroom warm and inviting with a beautifully dressed bed, adding layers on the bed and have bedside tables. Do incorporate warm colours to make it even better.
- Add extra towels in the bathroom or bedrooms, and some soaps or extra shower gels, also don’t forget the toothpaste and razors, this makes the guest feel more looked after and thought of and would be highly appreciated.
- Have casual dining instead of formal. Make sure you have water and glasses on hand for the guests to be able to help themselves and in an area where they can be seen easily. Also leaving out some nibbles, bites and napkins around is a good idea for the guests to add to their meal and this make them feel relaxed.
- Create a cosy area in your living room by leaving out a few books and magazines for your guests to browse through.
- Plan your breakfast the night before by setting the crockery, stack up plates, bowls, and cutlery alongside fresh coffee and some tea.Here is how i stay organised at home.
- Light scented candles and diffusers around the home to make your home feel more welcoming.
- Ensure that your guests have a shelf of their own in the bedroom or a cupboard for hangers, bed linen, extra cushions and blankets is also a good idea.
- If you do plan to go for walks out, have extra wellies or boots on hand for the guests not to feel restricted and make them feel welcomed.
- Light the fire if you have a fireplace, and have extra chairs around if you need would also be nice.