So Christmas is upon us and as much as I’d like to say I’ve done everything, there are still some last minute stuff to do plus I haven’t even wrapped presents since I have to find a way to hide them, without the little one thinking that it’s time open them already. Anyway I’ll think about that later this week but before I let you all go off and enjoy your Christmas celebrations, I decided to come on here and share with you a recipe I know you would really love and if you need something to make last minute, these gingerbread cupcakes are just the thing.
Ingredients: (Makes 12)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Line your cupcake trays or if you don’t have cupcake cases, make sure to grease the pan. Then,
- In a bowl, sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In another bowl combine the egg, sugar, syrup, milk and butter and heat slightly, make sure not to cook it.
- After that, add in the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour them into the cupcake cases half way through don’t over fill them.
- Into the oven they go for 25 minutes, if you need to make sure they are done, prick one with a cocktail stick and once it comes out clear, they are done.
- Turn them out into a rack to let them cool slightly.
For the Cinnammon Buttercream icing:
- 150 gms softened butter
- 200 gms icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cream the butter then add the rest altogether and beat once again and put aside.
- Depending on how you want to decorate your cupcakes, you can go ahead and pipe the cupcakes with whatever design you want.
- If you want to be rustic, you can smear them with a butter knife or leave them plain. After all it’s your decision.
- Serve and enjoy.
There you go, simple gingerbread cupcakes to make whenever you need them and the best part about this recipe is you can convert it into a cake instead of cupcakes and all you have to do is bake it for 30 minutes instead. I celebrated my one year of blogging last week and if you missed my post on the lessons I learnt, do check them out here. I hope you try this recipe and love them as much as I do and if you have any questions, just ask in the comments below. So do you like gingerbread?