Hello Lovely People,
I hope you are all doing great and are ready for the festive season, I can’t believe Christmas is right around the corner and I still have to figure out exactly when I’m going to put up my tree I know I’m a bit late but before I do that, I decided to come on here today and share with you all a lovely recipe. All you’ll need is some time and you’re good to go, here is what you need to make this delicious scrumptious honey, garlic & ginger chicken.
- Chicken thighs or drumsticks
- Soy sauce(dark or light)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- A thumb of ginger
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Take your chicken and trim off any excessive skin if you’re not too fond of it and then place them in a bowl but if your using drumsticks, you don’t really have to.
- In another bowl pour in ¼ cup each of soy sauce and vinegar then crash your garlic and ginger and mix them altogether.
- Then take you honey and mix it in the mixture, if you like it spicy here is where you can add in some chilli flakes, sriracha or any hot sauce.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the chicken and ensure that it is well coated then cover it with some cling film and into the fridge it goes for some marination.
- Depending on how long you have you can leave it for 30 minutes to an hour or even over night to make the flavour to be more intense.
- Make sure to remove the chicken an hour before cooking to make it come to room temperature before baking it.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, then place your chicken in a baking tray and into the oven it goes.
- I baked them for 45 minutes basting it with the soy sauce mixture that remained from time to time but that’s just preference.
- Remember that drumsticks cook faster than thighs so you would have to watch them not to burn.
- You can check whether they are done by pricking the centre and making sure no pink juices run through.