So, who doesn’t love pasta?
Hi guys, I am so excited to be able to share with you this recipe. I have been making this pasta sauce for quite some time now and after lots of tweaking, it’s a keeper. The best part of this recipe is that I use an array of spices which makes it rich and tasty and you can use it in so many other dishes, lasagna, sloppy joes, chilli and it’s also good to freeze. I call it the best pasta sauce because once you taste it, you will definitely agree with me. So let’s get started, this is the best pasta sauce recipe.
- 500gms minced beef
- 2 onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- A thumb of ginger
- Olive oil
- Tomato paste
- 700mls Passatta
- A bunch of coriander
- Garam masala
- Coriander powder
- Curry Powder
- Italian seasoning
- 1 Beef bouillon cube
- Black pepper
- Chop up your onions into medium sized, crash the garlic and ginger and set them aside.
- In a pan, on medium heat, put 2 tablespoons of olive oil and put the onions, stir for a while until they become tender.
- Once that is done, take your meat and drop it in and stir until it is partially cooked.
- Now, put your garlic and ginger and stir to mix it up altogether.
- Then it’s now time to make it come alive with the spices, a teaspoon each of all the spices except the black pepper.
- Give it a good stir to make the spices get into the meat.
- Then take 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and bouillon cube and put in the meat and stir it up.
- Now it’s time for your passatta, pour it in and add a quarter cup of water too make it a bit more saucy, then put a teaspoon of sugar to cut the tomato acidity a bit.
- Cover it up to simmer for a few minutes, while you chop up your coriander and set aside.
- After some time, stir and add salt and black pepper to taste and put a tablespoon of Italian seasoning, then stir and cover.
- Once it has reduced to your liking, take it off the heat and add your coriander then mix it altogether.
- After that, you are done, all you have to do is make your pasta,serve and enjoy. Sprinkle some parmesan to make it even more delicious.
NOTE:You can substitute beef for turkey and canned tomatoes for the passatta and this recipe makes a lot of sauce, which you can easily freeze and use it again during the week and makes it perfect when it comes to meal planning and freezer meals. To find how to save money and how to be organised, find here and here.
What did you think about it?
Do try it out and I hope you like it as much as I do. If you have any questions about this recipe, feel free to comment below and if you did try it or any other of my recipes, I will be very happy to hear about it. What are your favourite pasta sauces?