It’s been a while since I gave you guys a recipe and decided why not? After all I do love my food. This week I got to make my simple, fast and delicious sandwiches. The best part about them is that you can totally add whatever toppings you want to them depending on your preference and you will end up with something good. I usually love using white bread for them but brown works well too. Here is what you need for these open faced tomato & mozzarella sandwiches.
- White bread ( I used large baguettes)
- 2 cans of tomatoes (whole or chopped)
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella balls
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C, meanwhile
- Slice your white bread into one inch thick slices and lay them flat on your baking tray.
- Take your olive oil and drizzle on top of the slices but not too much, remember we are still going to add cheese.
- Then take your mozzarella balls and slice them up into thin to moderate slices and place them on top of the bread.
- Now for the tomatoes, if they are chopped, then just use a spoon and scoop a tablespoon or two on top of each slice but if you have whole tomatoes, you just need to chop them up and do the same.
- After that, sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning into each slice and that’s it, you’re actually done. How fast was that?
- Now put them in the oven and keep an eye on them, once the cheese has melted and is slightly browning, your sandwiches are done.
- Serve and enjoy.