It’s Friday, so it’s time for another recipe for you guys, and this time it’s a simple one. I noticed that I’ve been getting my chef on for the last two weeks and I am loving it. If you liked my shish kebab recipe then you will also love this. I made some bread rolls to go along with some soup and loved how they turned out and I decided to share with all of you and hope you like them too. This is my simple bread roll recipe. You will need;
- 400gms flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup luke warm water
- 25 gms yeast
- Take your luke warm water, yeast and your teaspoon of sugar, stir and let it rest for a while.
- Meanwhile, put your flour, salt and olive oil and mix.
- Then take your yeast mixture and pour it in your flour and stir them altogether, it will look tacky but that’s the whole point.
- Using clean hands, pour it onto a clean surface and start kneading it into dough, this took me a good ten minutes.
- Once your done with the kneading, your dough should have good elasticity but not overly sticky.
- Then take some cling film or cloth and cover it for the yeast to do it’s thing. I usually put it in a warm oven but make sure your oven is not hot just warm to the touch.
- After an hour, remove it and knead it a bit again then divide it into 12 equal balls.
- Place the balls on a tray and put it back to rise again I left it for another hour.
- Then preheat your oven to 180°C and in they go for around 15 to 20 minutes. Once it’s done take them out and leave them to cool, or you can have a warm one instead.
- Slather on some butter, serve and enjoy.
There you have it, a simple bread roll recipe for you to enjoy any time you feel like it. Also if you need to make them into burger buns, just double the recipe and make the balls bigger, throw in some sesame seeds before baking and you have burger buns right there. Here is a recipe that is not dough related and will please your taste buds and if you need some African bites, check them out here.
I hope you do get to try them and like them as much as I do. That’s all I have for you today and if you do make them, do tell me how it all went in the comments below. Till next time see ya.