Yes people I am totally kicking it shish kebab style and love the outcome. This week I wanted to experiment a bit more and move away from my cliché meals of pasta and rice. To be honest, this was totally accidental because I wanted to make meatballs but since meatballs go with pasta, I didn’t want to even go there and just before I forget, go here to check out my best pasta sauce. So my direction changed and I ended up with these bad boys. If you would like to introduce something new to your menu, here is how you can make them.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional in making shish kebabs, in fact I didn’t use skewers because I forgot that I didn’t get any on my last shopping trip and lastly, I was really aiming for them to look like Croatian çevapis hence the shape. Now let’s go ahead and show you what you need.
- 1Kg of minced meat, beef, lamb or mutton
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- The spice blend
- Ginger, Coriander, Salt, Garlic, Black pepper, Chilli powder, Garam masala, Mint, Mixed herbs
- Peel and chop the onion finely
- Add the chopped onion to the meat, a teaspoon each of the spice blend mix and mix thoroughly, using clean hands works better.
- Allow the mixture to marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
- If you have skewers, you can use them and make balls or sausage shapes and thread them to the skewers or leave them as I did.
- Ensure your hands are oiled to make shaping easier.
- Cook on a grill pan or in the oven turning them occasionally until ready.
- Serve and enjoy with a ketchup dip or any sides you prefer.
You see, this was a very simple recipe and can be made ahead of time to allow the marinating process. You just prep then throw it in the fridge to marinate and come back later when you are ready for some awesomeness. In case you missed some of my recipes, you might also enjoy chicken tikka masala easy and delicious or a beef pilau recipe worthy for guests anytime.
So go ahead and try them out and you can add any more spices you want, extra chillies or more herbs it’s your choice. If you have any questions, don’t be shy to ask in the comments below until next time, have a lovely day. What did you make this week?