Ever since coconut oil came into the scene, it’s all everybody talks about and so many recipes have come from it that look so delicious and I’m still yet to try, but there are also beauty uses for coconut oil apart from just using it for cooking. Now before I continue, you all know that I can’t apply this oil on my face because it just doesn’t work for me and I already wrote about it in my other post here. But I do use it in other ways when it comes to hair and body, these are some of the beauty uses for coconut oil that I usually use when need be.
- As a makeup remover, just apply it all over your face, rubbing it in then wiping it off with a makeup wipe.
- Make it into a face scrub by mixing it with some sugar for smooth, soft and flawless skin.
- As a face moisturiser, if it doesn’t make you react in anyway, this can be your holy grail.
- As a lip scrub with sugar then as a lip balm after so pucker up.
- If you run out of an under eye cream, get some drops of coconut oil and use that instead.
- Can be used to shave your legs without the use of shaving cream.
- After a nice warm shower, use it as your body oil and as sunscreen but remember, you will smell of coconut but worth it at the end.
- Use it for your body is as a body scrub, combine it with a body scrub you already use.
- Use it as a cuticle oil for your hands and feet.
- It also used for cellulite sometimes, but never tried it, doesn’t hurt to try it though.
- As a good hair moisturiser for your ends and for good shine. Also helps with preventing breakage and split ends.
- My favourite one is using it as a pre-poo treatment, put it on cover it and then wash your hair as normal.
- You can use it as a scalp massaging oil and give your scalp a well-deserved pampering session, the length of your hair will thank you and also helps with dandruff.
- Also use it to tame any frizz by applying it before styling.
- As a heat protectant if you know you are going to use any heat on it.
So there you have it, amazing uses for your face, body and hair with just one product. Grab yourself a tub of coconut oil if you don’t own one already and pamper yourself. If you have any other ideas to share with me, let me know below.